Worm in poop during deworming

Those current poop pics still do not ring any alarm bells. Who can know all the infinitely small factors that may differ from day to day that go into creating a certain poop? All we can judge is poop that seems to either fall within the normal range and that which is extreme enough in its difference to fall outside the norm.

This broad range of what is "normal" poop is why we don't get into alarm mode until we also are seeing lethargic behavior or worse.

What other dewormers do you use @coach723 ?
I mostly use Safeguard and Valbazen. I have Equimax horse wormer (or Zimecterin Gold sometimes) which I would use if I had tapeworm in my chickens (I have a donkey, so use those for him). You can also use Panacur, it's the same medication as Safeguard.

Ok, I will look into Valbazen. Which brand do you use?

Also, is it safe to give vitamins and electrolytes in their water during safeguard treatment?

I looked it up, is the normal price for valbazen over $50?
I give the electrolytes and vitamins in their water every Saturday... is that fine?

Allivet has it for $48.99, Walmart.com the same. Shipping varies depending on where you get it. Like everything else, it has gone up. Safeguard has gone up as well. As @Wyorp Rock said, it will last a long time. The expiration date is usually a year or two out, when I buy it. It's my preferred med as the dose is smaller to give, making it a bit easier.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Exact doses would be 1.33 ml for the 5.8 lb bird and 1.47 ml for the 6.4 lb bird. Rounding to 1.5 would be fine. I would always round up, rather than down. Shake it up well before drawing the dose, it settles out.

Thank you!

And since I have some experts here.. I decided to do a breathing test to see how many breathes they take in a minute.
Eddie while sitting was tested three times and it was 38, 42, 43. While standing it was 30 breathes in a minute.
Dev was in the low 20s for both.

It is not hot today and no panting occurred. Should I be concerned with Eddie having a heart issue?

^Its random but I’m sure you guys would know.

Back
Top Bottom