Worm in poop during deworming

Pics
Safeguard dose is .23 ml per pound of bodyweight, orally, 5 days in a row. Valbazen dose is .5 ml for a standard sized bird (weight in lbs / 2.2 X 20 / 113.6= dose) dose twice 10 days apart. Those doses should take care of most internal parasites. Make sure you shake it up well before drawing the dose, it settles out. For tapeworm, you would need praziquantel, which you can get in Equimax or Zimectrin Gold horse paste. Dosing for those is in post #6 here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tapeworms-that-wont-go-away.1130035/

I alternate wormers between Valbazen and Safeguard. Not really on a schedule, just what I have on hand, and vary it. May do a few times with one, and then switch to the other. If you worm regularly, it is a good idea to rotate wormers so that you don't build resistance in the parasites. Also important to correctly dose them, underdosing can have the same result.
Do you do an egg withdrawl when you treat regularly? Like 17 days?

I used to do that, but no longer do. I've been eating the eggs for many years with no withdrawl, have not had any issues whatsoever. And I am a person with many, many, many allergies, who is very careful. The residues, if there are any, are very tiny.
I would, and do, however follow withdrawls for antibiotics, those are a different story.

Back
Top Bottom