1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Worm infestation? Not sure what to do!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cmlew99, Oct 2, 2015.

1. cmlew99

cmlew99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2014
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

So I found this below the roost- oh my god I'm so disgusted! What is going on, and how do I fix it? Are my hens dying?? This is the first I've seen of anything remotely like this. Please help!

2. minichicks05

minichicks05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    I would go to a vet right away those worms are extremely bad for your chickens and it spreads I would also go to a supply and feed store and get some dewormer there hope that helps[​IMG]

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I was told that safeguard or valbazer is the best for worms. I think both of these gets rid of all worms. Do a search on here to make sure I'm right.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  4. minichicks05

minichicks05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    if I were you I would give them purina liquid dewormer. by the way your hens have a worm thats called round worms and are contagious so i recommend putting this in your big waterer it safe for hens but you need to do it for a period of time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by