Worm Treatment

Wazine 17 will get rid of round worms if she drinks enough of the medicated water. I would wait at least 10 days to treat with anything else, such as Valbazen or SafeGuard (fenbendazole.) Using one of those broad spectrum wormers will treat most other worms plus roundworms. It should be used again 10-14 days after using. Or you may get a fecal test for worms done on some fresh droppings taken to your local vet. Certain worms may require more than one day of treatment.

Wazine 17 will get rid of round worms if she drinks enough of the medicated water. I would wait at least 10 days to treat with anything else, such as Valbazen or SafeGuard (fenbendazole.) Using one of those broad spectrum wormers will treat most other worms plus roundworms. It should be used again 10-14 days after using. Or you may get a fecal test for worms done on some fresh droppings taken to your local vet. Certain worms may require more than one day of treatment.

So in about 10 days, treat with Valbazen or Safeguard. Thanks.

Or use Wazine again this time and use the treatment regimen with valbazen in three to six months.

You are going for lowering resistance in the worms to the medicine. I see no good reason to switch up the medicine within one treatment cycle.

Do the chickens have other types of worms? Did you get a fecal float test?

The best way is to get the float test and treat for the results of the test

I'd skip the Wazine and just use Valbazen or Safeguard. If a bird has large roundworms, it's a safe bet that they have other types of worms as well. I'd put my money on capillary worms which are as common as large roundworms.

I've already treated with Wazine...yesterday, so in just a little while, it will be time to go clean out the waterer and put untreated water in it, (24 hours, right?) If I'm reading correctly, in about 10 days, I can treat with Valbazen or Safeguard, then in another 10 days, treat with Valbazen or Safeguard a second time.

I'm telling you what, I think these chickens are trying to kill me.

I've already treated with Wazine...yesterday, so in just a little while, it will be time to go clean out the waterer and put untreated water in it, (24 hours, right?) If I'm reading correctly, in about 10 days, I can treat with Valbazen or Safeguard, then in another 10 days, treat with Valbazen or Safeguard a second time.

I'm telling you what, I think these chickens are trying to kill me.
You're done with the Wazine. Now wait 10 days and then use either valbazen or safeguard. Then you're done.

Back
Top Bottom