Wormers for pheasants

stressed823

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 23, 2013
Can anyone give me some ideas on what they are using for wormers for their pheasants. We normally use Wazine which goes in the water but I don't think it is doing the trick anymore. I'm always afraid of overdosing so the specific dosage would be great if possible.
Thanks in advanced for your help

Wazine does not kill all the types of worms that cause disease. I would use Valbendazle (probably spelt that wrong. It stays in solution better than some of the other de-wormers out there and will kill all of the worms. Only draw back is it kind of has the consistency of melted ice cream so it can make a mess when you're adding it to the water.

I've used ivermec for yrs with great results ,2 to 3 drops in the mouth ,never liked to mix wormers in the water ,they may not get enough of the dosage ,it works for me

The problem is not many people worm as a preventative measure.There birds get sick with worms and they need the strongest dose to get rid of them.Everyone needs to get on a preventative program and stick to it and there will be no problems with worms.
In N.H.,Tony.

I worm all my birds once a yr ,never had any problems, the worse thing is having to handle them to administer the med ,other than that it's no problem

Should be done 2 times per year.I dump their water and leave it empty for 2 days,then when you give them the wormer in their water they run to it so you know they are getting the meds.I do mine in Feb before breeding season and again at the end of August.Unless it is too hot then I wait for the 2nd dose.
In N.H.,Tony.

Should be done 2 times per year.I dump their water and leave it empty for 2 days,then when you give them the wormer in their water they run to it so you know they are getting the meds.I do mine in Feb before breeding season and again at the end of August.Unless it is too hot then I wait for the 2nd dose.
In N.H.,Tony.
I agree Tony, i do the same practice. Only difference is, i wait til October, after the temps have cooled off a bit.

W
In N.H.,Tony.
What did you use to deworm?

Back
Top Bottom