wormguard plus

Yes I ordered it. It should be here by tomorrow. It was called safeguard and it said it was for horses. I found another safeguard that was a pill but the paste seemed easier. The pill one was for goats. It wasn't the Panacur stuff though. I hope it is OK. Her comb is getting more and more pale.

Oh my goodness that's an awful lot of worms! Poor thing. I personally would have used Valbazen on this bird just because she is very likely just full of worms. But I don't know how fast the Safeguard kills worms, if it kills them all off fast she could get a blockage or toxicity from all the dead worms. Valbazen works slowly over a few days. Poor bird, I hope you are able to save her.

OK I finally got it in her. Just this morning. What should I expect now? Do I keep her in a pen by herself and check her poop? It recently went down into the 20's last night and I know cold isn't good for their digestion. I made her a breakfast of oatmeal, yougart, and some feed and she is in the house right now. She is eating and left a nice little pile of worm free poo on my kitchen floor. In fact I have not seen worms like in the picture since that day...

OK I finally got it in her. Just this morning. What should I expect now? Do I keep her in a pen by herself and check her poop? It recently went down into the 20's last night and I know cold isn't good for their digestion. I made her a breakfast of oatmeal, yougart, and some feed and she is in the house right now. She is eating and left a nice little pile of worm free poo on my kitchen floor. In fact I have not seen worms like in the picture since that day...
You may or may not see worms in feces after worming. Usually worms are digested as protein once they are released from the intestinal lining. Consider worming your other birds as well.

OK it has been 10 days. I gave big momma her second dose of safeguard. Over the last 10 days she has lost all her tail feathers and a bunch if other body feathers and I feel her body weight is even lower. BUT... this morning I noticed her red cheek hangy things were redder and she seemed way more vocal. I know dewormer is hard on their little bodies. Is this a good sign? Should I expect another downturn since I just gave her the second dose? She is eating. Maybe not as much... and she is always the last one as they wander around my yard. Can i do anything else?

OK it has been 10 days. I gave big momma her second dose of safeguard. Over the last 10 days she has lost all her tail feathers and a bunch if other body feathers and I feel her body weight is even lower. BUT... this morning I noticed her red cheek hangy things were redder and she seemed way more vocal. I know dewormer is hard on their little bodies. Is this a good sign? Should I expect another downturn since I just gave her the second dose? She is eating. Maybe not as much... and she is always the last one as they wander around my yard. Can i do anything else?
Weigh her on a kitchen scale and if you don't have one and can't afford to buy one, use one at the post office.
lau.gif
Then weigh her every few days... This will help determine your next step(s).

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom