worming as standard practice?

know there are worms in this soil because other animals here have had them,

Parasite seldom infect mre than one species, so "other animals" having worms doesn't mean your chickens get them too​

i put dewormer in my gals food everyday it a nice kinda because it is organic and it is safe and natural and there is a no egg or meat withholding period!!! it's called wormguard plus

The main ingredient here is DE and I purchase the food grade from my feed store, then mix it in their treats before bedtime. Worms are gone and nothing will become resistant because of this natural algae, I also add garlic to their treats as well.

DE has no effect on internal parasites​

My thoughts are: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
smile.png
If you have no reason to suspect worms, then I wouldn't give them anything for it.

Quote:
The main ingredient here is DE and I purchase the food grade from my feed store, then mix it in their treats before bedtime. Worms are gone and nothing will become resistant because of this natural algae, I also add garlic to their treats as well.

Heretic
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

And you know this how? Do you have proof it does not work? I know for a fact it does work when my flock got tapeworms due to fly issues all of a sudden hitting them and they are now gone, so unless you can disprove this then I can say it works.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

And you know this how? Do you have proof it does not work? I know for a fact it does work when my flock got tapeworms due to fly issues all of a sudden hitting them and they are now gone, so unless you can disprove this then I can say it works.
thumbsup.gif

This I found from the USDA.gov site:

http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELPRDC5092006

Non-synthetic and NOSB recommended synthetic therapeutic agents exist, such as lime-sulfur to
treat mites in cattle, swine, sheep; rotenone for grubs in lactating cattle, and lice in swine and cattle;
and diatomaceous earth for intestinal parasite and ectoparasite control (Haynes, 1981; Olkowski,
Daar, and Olkowski, 1991; National Research Council, 1989). Fungal hyperparasites of the infective

So if you have proof it does not work then please post it.

Quote:

DE has no effect on internal parasites

thumbsup.gif

Non-synthetic and NOSB recommended synthetic therapeutic agents exist, such as lime-sulfur to
treat mites in cattle, swine, sheep; rotenone for grubs in lactating cattle, and lice in swine and cattle;
and diatomaceous earth for intestinal parasite and ectoparasite control (Haynes, 1981; Olkowski,
Daar, and Olkowski, 1991; National Research Council, 1989). Fungal hyperparasites of the infective

Does your vet sell DE as a wormer? Does any vet sell DE as a wormer? I need some for my tapeworm cause my regular doctor wont prescribe it for me.
lol.png

Quote:

Does your vet sell DE as a wormer? Does any vet sell DE as a wormer? I need some for my tapeworm cause my regular doctor wont prescribe it for me.
lol.png

Actually she does but it costs more from her!

Back
Top Bottom