Worming chickens

Verm-x basically changes the environment in the bowel to make it a poor environment for worms to live in. Thus any worms present are sickly and weak. I used to use it for my dogs as the worming process used to strip the internal bowel to remove gripping worms. This in turn made the bowl susceptible to other issues in male unneutered dogs especially.
VermX will not treat nor eliminate worms in poultry.
https://skeptvet.com/Blog/2012/01/v...eal-evidence-to-show-it-is-safe-or-effective/

I stand by my experience, research and opinion.
I believe that chemicals are not always the answer and eliminating worms completely solves little, unless there is a problem of course, as the animal is likely to become reinfected very soon if not immediately afterwards.
To make the environment unattractive to the worm is a way of reducing the long term effect. Verm-x is what I use and, from experience with cats that hunt constantly and used to have worms all the time despite regular worming treatments (Drontal) I have found it to be very effective.
We all have our opinions,

chickens didn’t need to be wormed.
I tend to agree with this in terms of worming as a routine instead of actually treating an issue. :oops: 20years of chickens and I've never had a worm issue. I don't worm my dogs or cats unless there is a reason either. I just don't like administering medicines when there is nothing to fix. So if you're not actually seeing worms, people who do treat them irrespective, is it just because you're certain they have them? Curious. I do have very sandy soil which I know helps with worm control and I do also sprinkle Chilli Pepper around feed area as part of my no rats maintenance but thats about it.... :idunno

I stand by my experience, research and opinion.
I believe that chemicals are not always the answer and eliminating worms completely solves little, unless there is a problem of course, as the animal is likely to become reinfected very soon if not immediately afterwards.
To make the environment unattractive to the worm is a way of reducing the long term effect. Verm-x is what I use and, from experience with cats that hunt constantly and used to have worms all the time despite regular worming treatments (Drontal) I have found it to be very effective.
We all have our opinions,
https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-diatomaceous-earth

Back
Top Bottom