Worming chickens

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
So I've never wormed my flock, don't like the idea of the harsh chemicals. A lot of folks have been talking about it and now I'm wondering. I have never seen any worms in their stool, reason one, for not doing it. My flock is healthy and mite free. But most searches I've done said you should do this every 3 months, that's a little ridiculous, maybe huh? Well through a search I done on here someone mentioned Verm-X USA all natural product and no egg withdraw. Has anyone used it? If so do you like it or dislike it? The company is organic certified and they us all natural things in it. If it works I be more willing to worm. Here is their link http://www.verm-xusa.com/
Michele

Last edited:
No, this is a good place to ask.

If there are no worms, then don't worm. Have a fecal check done at a vet and if its positive, worm. I haven't wormed either, nor do I have mites. I am hoping to maintain as natural a flock as possible. That being said, you could get a pumkin, spelling i know, and some garlic cloves chopped up and feed it to you chooks. This is a nice natural worming, preventative. Some dandilion root along with it too. The chickens will love it. And no egg loss.

Quote:
That's exactly what I thought too. I hear of peeps doing it with the harsh chemicals, just because they suspect. I don't even use pesticides or anything is my yard because I want them to be as natural as possible. I do use pumpkins, I cut them in half and give to all my coops, I put AVC in their water also. So I guess I'm doing all the right things. I was also told to make a dust of DE, copper sulfate, and peat moss for them to dust in to prevent mites. I wonder if using the cherry tree limbs in my coops is why I might not get mites either. It looks nice and its natural round for a birdie. Thank you for answering I was starting to think that everyone worms.
Michele

Back
Top Bottom