Worming chickens.

AAJ

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
I have wazine 17 and on the bottle it says not to give to chickens producing eggs for human consumption. I do not eat my chickens eggs, because they are for hatching, but I will soon be eating them. Is it ok to give to them or should I use another kind, if so then what kind.

Most wormers have a withdrawal period for slaughter and eggs. I don't have any experience when it comes to hatching, so maybe someone else can chime in. Wazine is also only for treatment of roundworms. You would want to follow up with Valbazen.....which also has a withdrawal time.

X2

All wormers have a with drawl time as meds get into the eggs. Wazine has a with drawl of 14 days after which it is safe to eat the eggs. As far as hatching, I wouldn't hatch the eggs either until the 2 week period is up.

I have wazine 17 and on the bottle it says not to give to chickens producing eggs for human consumption. I do not eat my chickens eggs, because they are for hatching, but I will soon be eating them. Is it ok to give to them or should I use another kind, if so then what kind.

I use Wazine for my laying hens, I worm them, next day dump out the leftover water then 10 days later worm them again, so the time period is usually about a week or so. I brooded a chick who's mom was being put on Wazine but it seemed that he had a deformity. (and also became real smart!)
So I recommend not to start selling eggs/eating them until a week later, or same as brooding the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom