Worming chicks

Ole rooster

Songster
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
Milner, Georgia
I have 6 new chicks under the mama I think thats a good deal. Settin on 6 eggs and all of them hatched. Good rooster, huh? I wormed all the other chickens with Wazine last week but this hen didn't get it.

Two questions> Do I need to worm the chicks? And if the Wazine is put in the water both will be drinking will it harm the chicks? Right now I've just put in water with a tad of ACV in it and medicated starter feed.

BUMP

cause i'd also like to know if i need to worm the chickens? i feed them medicated food, but should i worm them? what if they are meat birds?

welcome-byc.gif
to the BYC
WelcomeToBYC.gif
the new poster

Worming is a non issue if you bought them from a good supplier or in your case got them from one of your hens that are healthy. If you have them on medicated chick feed also. Most chicks will not get worms in the digestive tract if not introduced to the tract or give them foods that may cause worms.

Last edited:
Most animals, chickens included, can handle a small wormload easily. I personally don't feel comfortable worming chickens younger than 6 months unless there is clear evidence of worms.

Back
Top Bottom