WORmING MY CHICKS

cloggadoo

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
hello just wondering at how old we can start a worming program are bantams are 4 weeks and any recomendations for brands would be great
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Chicks shouldn't need worming unless you see worms in the poop. Hard on their little bodies.
My flock was about 10 months old when I wormed them the first time and I do it yearly now. Some folks never worm, but I figure if my dogs can pick up worms just by going outside, so too can the chickens.
I used valbazen, which is a cattle/goat wormer. You use it "off-label" as you do with just about any chicken wormer, since about the only one readily available for chickens, wazine, only gets roundworms. I came across an ad from a guy in Alabama selling broad spectrum wormer for chickens. Turns out it was valbazen, just put in really small bottles with a really big price.
Valbazen is a broad spectrum wormer. You give 1/2 cc orally, undiluted for standard sized birds; 1/4 cc. for bantams. You can do a search for eprinex and ivermectin; both also cattle wormers that are also used for chickens.

thanks we will try and fine the products youve mentioned and we will wait untill a little older:)
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom