Worming UK Advice PLEASE!

That’s pretty pricey. I’ve only used Verm X before which is half the price but I don’t think it was useful. Do you think the pellets would work?
Yes, provided your chickens will eat them.
Some chickens are particularly sensitive to changes in feed.
I find it easier to dose the individual chicken. I know then that the chicken has consumed the correct amount of the drug to combat the problem.
If you have 100 chickens this isn't so realistic. I keep between 20 and 30, but them I only treat for worms when I know they have them.

Last edited:
Yes, provided your chickens will eat them.
Some chickens are particularly sensitive to changes in feed.
I find it easier to dose the individual chicken. I know them that the chicken has consumed the correct amount of the drug to combat the problem.
If you have 100 chickens this isn't so realistic. I keep between 20 and 30, but them I only treat for worms when I know they have them.

It says on the bag to only feed the pellets, no treats and no other pellet types. I’d probably stop the free ranging until the bag is empty too. Thanks for the help!

It says on the bag to only feed the pellets, no treats and no other pellet types. I’d probably stop the free ranging until the bag is empty too. Thanks for the help!
Sounds sensible. If you wouldn't mind, could you take a picture of the product bag showing the instructions? It's very helpful for when others post on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom