Worming While Antibioticing

Call the Texas A & M veterinary diagnostic lab and ask an avian pathologist how common eye worms are in your area. I was under the impression that they were rare.

Pretty sure tetracyline's can be given with most wormers, though you probably dont't want to put more than one medication in the water because they might not want to drink overly medicated water.

Thanks, last time I called them nobody was there to answer. I think it was a bad time. My understanding is that eye worms are found in more tropical climates and up into south Texas where the particular cockroach that carries the eggs lives. I wouldn't consider Houston to be "south" Texas and to top that off, I'm actually about an hour north of Houston. I will might try the wazine one day and see how it is received, maybe I can add some fruit juice to the water.

Can someone tell me what this is growing on my EE hen? I noticed it after she became very sick. I brought her to the vet which gave her a shot of antibiotics and antibiotics by mouth. She had lethargy, bobbing head, and had one eye shut. I just noticed this.
0522171544d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom