WORMING with Fenbendazole - - How much?

Pics
If you have tape worms you should treat them with praziquantel. Least expensive way to treat for tapes is with EquiMax horse paste. Give 0.16 ml per 5 pounds orally and repeat in 10 days. Some studies say that Safeguard given orally 3 days in a row will treat *some* species of tapes, but many people have reported that it doesn't, so get some EquiMax paste and try it. -Kathy
Well I am going to have to try as they are still pooping moving segments...thank you!!!

Well I am going to have to try as they are still pooping moving segments...thank you!!!

OK so the equimax worked and I have done a lot of things differently as far as cleaning and coop conditions, such as picking poop up everyday etc...well there has been no sign of tapeworm until today when I was picking up poop. Seems it might be just one chicken. My question is, should I try and find out which one and isolate or should I treat them all?

I have a broody silkie hen with four 1 month old silkie chicks. The hen's poop looks like it has worm eggs of some sort (thinking tapeworm). Here is a picture if anyone can tell what this is:

I have both wazine and fenbendazole on hand. Is it safe to deworm chicks this young? Also, what's the best thing to use? I'm going on vacation soon so I need to treat them asap.

I have a broody silkie hen with four 1 month old silkie chicks. The hen's poop looks like it has worm eggs of some sort (thinking tapeworm). Here is a picture if anyone can tell what this is:

I have both wazine and fenbendazole on hand. Is it safe to deworm chicks this young? Also, what's the best thing to use? I'm going on vacation soon so I need to treat them asap.
Those look like tape segments, so you could worm her orally with Equimax (ivermectin/praziquantel). Dose is 0.03 ml per pound, so a 6 pound hen would get ~0.2 ml (1/5 ml). Chicks are too young.

Repeat in 10-14 days

-Kathy

Last edited:
Those look like tape segments, so you could worm her orally with Equimax (ivermectin/praziquantel). Dose is 0.03 ml per pound, so a 6 pound hen would get ~0.2 ml (1/5 ml). Chicks are too young.

Repeat in 10-14 days

-Kathy

Thanks so much! This really helps! At what age, can the chicks be treated? I have a feeling they have it if their mother has it.

Back
Top Bottom