Worming with Horse Wormer (Safeguard & Panacur)

Clear tote, that's a great idea!

The dosage measurements are for 10% paste. ie there is 100mg of active ingredient for 1g (1000mg) of paste.

So...

0.5cc of paste ~= 0.5g of paste

0.5g of paste = 500mg of paste

500mg of (10%) paste contains 50mg of active ingredient

A dosage of 50mg active ingredient per 1kg body weight

=500mg of (10%) paste per 1kg body weight

=0.5g of paste per 1kg body weight

=0.5cc of paste per 1kg body weight
If your bird weighs 2kg then you would need 1cc (or 1g) of paste.

-Kathy
this should be a sticky Un the emergencies forum!

Paste or liquid, 1ml of either has 100mg of fenbendazole. The dose I use for roundworms and cecal worms is 50mg/kg (.5ml per kg) once by mouth, repeat in 10 days. For capillary worms I give the same amount 3-5 days in a row, but still looking for info on dosing again in 10 days.

-Kathy

Paste or liquid, 1ml of either has 100mg of fenbendazole. The dose I use for roundworms and cecal worms is 50mg/kg (.5ml per kg) once by mouth, repeat in 10 days. For capillary worms I give the same amount 3-5 days in a row, but still looking for info on dosing again in 10 days.

-Kathy
I believe we've tracked it down.
It's UK directions.

Treatment is normally continued daily for 7 days, then repeated 3 weeks later.

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Flubenvet_W...d=CIWZo-_2mr8CFTJn7AodNQ8A7w#details_readmore

I just want all of you to picture a very flummoxed person at Tractor Supply yesterday evening. She had just discovered a "ring of hideous wiggly things" around a favorite chicken's vent and was frantically searching the intertwebs for some clue to the mystery of a hundred types of dewormer - none of them for chickens!! Thankfully she stumbled upon this thread and was lead to the Safeguard horse wormer. She administered said wormed to 40+ chickens (at some point she lost count). You just never know when the info placed on BYC will come in handy! ! Thank you!

I just want all of you to picture a very flummoxed person at Tractor Supply yesterday evening. She had just discovered a "ring of hideous wiggly things" around a favorite chicken's vent and was frantically searching the intertwebs for some clue to the mystery of a hundred types of dewormer - none of them for chickens!! Thankfully she stumbled upon this thread and was lead to the Safeguard horse wormer. She administered said wormed to 40+ chickens (at some point she lost count). You just never know when the info placed on BYC will come in handy! ! Thank you!
Do her a favor, call her and tell her that her hen has "flystrike"! Those are not worms, they are maggots! If she ignores them her hen will almost certainly die.

Back
Top Bottom