Worming with Valbazen

Hi fellow Pierce county Wa keeper! Dawg 53 gives trusted advice.
Withdrawal means do not eat the eggs!
Withdrawal periods include the time that the birds are on the meds and the "period" is starting from the LAST day of the doseage.
For example: Meds given for a week
Dose the bird 1st time on Sept 1st - discard eggs laid that day
dose daily till sept 7th - discard all eggs laid Sept 1st-sept 7th
No more doses given after sept 7th
BUT - withdrawal period is 14 days
so... Discard eggs from Sept 8th- Sept 14th as well.
Sept 15th and on is OK.

Hope it helps.

Hi fellow Pierce county Wa keeper! Dawg 53 gives trusted advice.
Withdrawal means do not eat the eggs!
Withdrawal periods include the time that the birds are on the meds and the "period" is starting from the LAST day of the doseage.
For example: Meds given for a week
Dose the bird 1st time on Sept 1st - discard eggs laid that day
dose daily till sept 7th - discard all eggs laid Sept 1st-sept 7th
No more doses given after sept 7th
BUT - withdrawal period is 14 days
so... Discard eggs from Sept 8th- Sept 14th as well.
Sept 15th and on is OK.

Hope it helps.
Very nice to "meet you"! Thank you for the information! I searched until I figured it out and wormed the flock. Lucky for me none were laying eggs anyways
smile.png
By the way, you wouldn't know of anyone interested in a splash orpington roo? I would hate to have to process him, he is such a sweet and pretty bird!

what are signs of a chicken having worms?
Lethargic/sleepy, eats/drinks very little or not at all, slows or doesnt lay eggs, pale comb, possible ratty looking feathers, watery diarrhea...maybe greenish in color, generally doesnt act like a chicken should. A chicken may or may not have all these signs in order to have worms. Some birds appear and act normal but may carry worms. Other things that can make a chicken have possibly similar symptoms are external parasites and an eggbound hen.

my little hen is just standing around she does walk some. she has been wanting to stay in the coop and probably would if i didnt get her out. she eats and drinks some. her comb isnt pale her feathers look good and shinny. she isnt laying and hasnt since around Oct. i guess cause of the winter months. when she does walk she is really slow. the rooster was getting to close to her today and she began to run. it was almost like she had a little limp i dont know if it just looked like that cause she is i think weak from not eating much. i am giving her antibiotics and electroloites. my husband is bringing home the Valbazen this evening. you dont think its egg bound do you? how can you tell?

Reading this feed regarding the use of Valbazen. I tried Wazine several weeks ago and just saw more round worms this morning in one hen. I'll try Wazine again tomorrow in the waterer. Should I try Valbazen 10 days following the Wazine. And if so do I purchase "VALBAZEN SUSP 500ML" Having difficulty finding a smaller bottle. I believe this one hen who is a rescue chicken has a lot of worms. She passed them several weeks ago and as I said did again this morning. Can anyone offer the safesty advice possible for her. She is an Easter Egger. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom