Worms in egg ?

DurmChook

Hatching
Mar 17, 2021
I was eating spaghetti carbonara tonight that was made with 10 of my hens eggs, and I notice this in the bowl. Is this a worm, and can it be transmitted in an egg?
371FDBCB-25B5-4814-8FCC-FB21B607E03C.jpeg

I was eating spaghetti carbonara tonight that was made with 10 of my hens eggs, and I notice this in the bowl. Is this a worm, and can it be transmitted in an egg? View attachment 3040201
I believe those do look like worms. If they are this infested, I would deworm then ASAP. How many do you have, and what conditions? Pictures? What does their poop look like?

I'm not sure what I'm seeing. Is this from the egg bowl? Or your pasta plate?

If this is the egg bowl you are whisking, then yes, that does look like round worms which can get into eggs (EWWW).

You need to worm asap as the other poster said. Wazine is good for ridding round worm.

LofMc

I agree the red-brown stringy stuff is simply intestinal shed...however there are white "wormy" like threads as well. Without being able to "tease" the egg bowl and see what's there, it's hard to tell by the pic.

I also agree it is unusual for round worms to be encased in an egg, but it does happen. If that light colored string is solid like a worm, then you may indeed have a round worm problem.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom