Worms, possibly Threadworms

Okay. So can I use safeguard?
I have this. It's capsules. And my hens won't just eat it.. so how would I give it? And it messes with feather growth?

Attachments

• 20230828_184107.jpg
    20230828_184107.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 3
I have this. It's capsules. And my hens won't just eat it.. so how would I give it? And it messes with feather growth?
I've never used capsules to worm birds, primarily liquid wormers and pastes. The pastes for tapeworms only.
You'd be better off using the liquid Safeguard wormer if not the Valbazen. Liquid wormers are more quickly absorbed into the bloodstream than pills or capsules.

I've never used capsules to worm birds, primarily liquid wormers and pastes. The pastes for tapeworms only.
You'd be better off using the liquid Safeguard wormer if not the Valbazen. Liquid wormers are more quickly absorbed into the bloodstream than pills or capsules.
Okay. I'll see what my feed store has. And what's the dosage?

If you can post pictures it would help. Threadworms or capillary worms are the kind that can be dangerous. They require Valbazen 1/2 ml orally once, and repeated in 10 days or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or the horse paste 1/4 ml per pound orally for 5 consecutive days.
@Eggcessive i have safe gaurd liquid and need to worm my flock. So 1/4 ml per pound of bird 5 days ans that’s it. Not second round right? Can I put the liquid in a small piece of bread? I’m terrified to try to squirt it in their mouths.

@Eggcessive i have safe gaurd liquid and need to worm my flock. So 1/4 ml per pound of bird 5 days ans that’s it. Not second round right? Can I put the liquid in a small piece of bread? I’m terrified to try to squirt it in their mouths.
Correct. No need to repeat after 5 days. You can give it orally, on bread, or anything they eat all of.

Back
Top Bottom