Worms?

I have around 5 runs they are all in similar spaces some closer the. Others
The safest thing to do would be to worm everyone of course as you could track in eggs on your shoes moving between pens, but I'm with you that that sounds like a lot of work, so ... obviously worm this pen and anyone who shares space. And maybe consider doing the next closest pen too? Or you could worm one pen tonight, one pen tomorrow, etc and get them all knocked out a little less painfully

Yup I plan on treating and didn't notice any other symptoms so I was amazed at the load of worms. The pen of birds I found the worm in has 5 birds. But my other pens have anwhere from 10-45 birds. Suggestions for treatment? It would be kind of hard to give orally for 5 days for 45 birds
There's nothing saying that you have to worm ALL your birds at once. Treat birds in one pen one day and so on if you wish.
However, there is another option: Levamisole. Here's a link with instructions:
Post #10:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/de-wormer-help-please.1415958/#post-23255767

Wait I thought you has to dose for 5 days?
A bird loaded with large roundworms will most likely have other types of worms as well. That's why worming 5 days with Safeguard liquid goat wormer is recommended.
Valbazen would only require 2 wormings. Levamisole 3 wormings. Pyrantel Pamoate 2 wormings.

Back
Top Bottom