Worms?

JosieMaeChickens

Chirping
Nov 21, 2022
Any idea what this is? It was found on the coop floor. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6999.jpeg
    IMG_6999.jpeg
    829.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7001.jpeg
    IMG_7001.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7003.jpeg
    IMG_7003.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 3
That is an egg membrane from a shell-less egg that may have been passed or from a broken egg. I would look for a hen who was lethargic or separating herself, possibly with a lowered tail. If you can find her, human calcium citrate with vitamin D 300-600 mg should be given daily for 7 days until she lays eggs with hard shells.

Not a worm.

What do you feed your flock?
Is anyone acting off?
Anyone have a big belly area?

That is an egg membrane from a shell-less egg that may have been passed or from a broken egg. I would look for a hen who was lethargic or separating herself, possibly with a lowered tail. If you can find her, human calcium citrate with vitamin D 300-600 mg should be given daily for 7 days until she lays eggs with hard shells.
Thanks! I thought that could be a possibility too but thought worm because of how long it was. I’ll take a look at everyone.

Not a worm.

What do you feed your flock?
Is anyone acting off?
Anyone have a big belly area?
When I let them out I didn’t notice anyone acting off- but there is 56 total so could have missed something- I’ll take another look. We feed our own ground feed, which they been eating for 2 years. They have oyster shells available as well- however last week I was out so they went maybe a week without them.

Back
Top Bottom