worms

madison123

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
my hen has worms around her rear, what do i do? i'll give a pic soon.
bow.gif

Okay, I've got a worm question.

A little background: My girls are not laying, their combs are pale. Other than that they are acting fine. We've had some trouble with hawks and they are not free ranging anymore, but the less eggs/comb color started way before the hawk.

I've seen no evidence of lice/mites or worms, but want to treat for all as I think they're there and I don't see them. I wanted to use Sevin dust and Valbazen, but after 4 different feed/tractor stores the best I could do was Wazine and Permethrin Powder.

1). Is it wise for me to treat even though I'm not sure they have the critters?

2). Can I do both treatments at the same time? Wazine in water, everyone gets the pillowcase treatment, coop gets scrubbed, bleached, sprayed, powdered and fresh bedding?

3). I have 4 week old chicks inside, should they also get Wazine, or are they too young?

Thank you for any help!

Okay, I've got a worm question.

A little background: My girls are not laying, their combs are pale. Other than that they are acting fine. We've had some trouble with hawks and they are not free ranging anymore, but the less eggs/comb color started way before the hawk.

I've seen no evidence of lice/mites or worms, but want to treat for all as I think they're there and I don't see them. I wanted to use Sevin dust and Valbazen, but after 4 different feed/tractor stores the best I could do was Wazine and Permethrin Powder.

1). Is it wise for me to treat even though I'm not sure they have the critters?

2). Can I do both treatments at the same time? Wazine in water, everyone gets the pillowcase treatment, coop gets scrubbed, bleached, sprayed, powdered and fresh bedding?

3). I have 4 week old chicks inside, should they also get Wazine, or are they too young?

Thank you for any help!
Yes you can dust and worm them at the same time. Don't worm your 4 week olds unless they actually have worms as they are really too young, although the wazine bottle does have instructions on it for young chickens. It is very hard on them.

Ok my chickens have this whiteish worm you can see its insides disgusting And around their vent there are white things and it like glued to their feathers around their vent what should I do to stop these little pests ... I know someone thatis really good with animals and he got some pills to get rid of the and it semed to be working.:/

Back
Top Bottom