Worried About Ginny! :(

st16795

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
Ohio
Today when I went outside to tend to the birds like I always do, I noticed that one of my guineas (my favorite, of course, Ginny) was standing a little oddly. She looked kind of hunch-backy, like a vulture, with her butt down so low that her tail was dragging on the ground, even when she walked. Concerned, I reached to herd her closer, expecting her to move away but, to my dismay, she didn't do the panicky run that guineas do. She stayed where she was, even to the point where she let me pick her up and hold her. I checked her vent, it doesn't look abnormal, but then again I haven't seen many guinea vents. I felt her stomach and it didn't feel like I would imagine an egg-bound hen's stomach would feel like. I separated her, but she misses her flock. She is eating and drinking as she normally does, only she is now sitting down to eat and drink. I offered her cottage cheese and broccoli, but she wasn't interested
hit.gif
Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this...? She's been bunking with a man-friend (guinea) for a while now, since she started laying about a month ago, and all I can think of is a possible injury! But if so, what should I do about it? Please, help!

Being so new to chickens, I honestly have no thoughts. But I thought if I commnet it would put your question at the top of the list. MAybe post the question in the Emergencies/injuries/ cures thread ???

Hope Ginny is better and its not a problem any more.

Back
Top Bottom