Worried about keeping my ducks safe from minc or weasel?!

I don't think you need a heat lamp, just straw or wood chips, they have lots of down and can easily handle the cold. Mine have a choice and prefer to stay outside! I have livestock dogs though, so I don't have to worry so much about predators.

As to your electric fencing, we bought, several years ago, a pet fencer to keep one of our house dogs from digging under the fence. We ran a wire a few inches off the ground a few inches away from the fence. The pet fencer was cheap, only $20 or $25 and kept that 60 pound dog well away from the fence! I think it would be fine for what you need. It isn't big enough for huge acres and acres for huge animals like horses or cows, but for small animals and small areas, it works great. We got ours at Tractor Supply.

Thanks so much! I can't believe they can get through 1 inch wiring!? Definitely going smaller. Is it still ok to use 1 inch just in daytime enclosure though? I went to tractor supply and they do have an electric charger for about 20 dollars, so I'm going to get that and run it around the entire thing maybe a couple strands low to the ground? I'm also planning on burying the hardware cloth around all sides to prevent digging. Does this work??? Or should I also do the bottom? Does anyone have pictures of their coops or duck houses that might give ideas? that would be great! thanks again everyone

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom