Worried about wet poop.

Quote:
I didn't mean to barge in on this tread, I'm newish and had problems with one of my RIR two days ago and never got a response. I may be doing this all wrong. I've not wormed them, but never seen any worms or problems before.
Definitely not normal. Is she eating and drinking? Can you take her to a vet? Don't feel bad or ashamed if you can't, because for many, myself included, vets are not an option.

-Kathy

Kathy, thank you for replying. I think I finally found an avian vet, not close, but if it's what I have to do, I will. They are all eating and drinking normally. Two days ago, I had one that closed her right eye and then started acting lethargic, but would perk up w/food and water. I brought her in and gave her milk mixed w/ her food, also tried a apple cider vinegar mixed and coconut oil, and rubbed her crop a few times. Turned upside down in case it was sour crop, but nothing came out. I didn't feel an egg or anything. I gave all electrolytes and probiotic mix in their water. She started acting better toward afternoon so I put her back out in coop at night, next day she was all better. But now I'm finding watery poop and one of them that already gave me a double yolk egg this morning (just now) spit out two solf shell eggs, one after another. I'm freaking out. I don't know if it's her body working out kinks or if they have something. And the more I read, the more I get confused.

Back
Top Bottom