Worried I Might Have a Roo... Any suggestions before he crows?

Oh, I forgot to answer the .5...

The .5 of a hen is based on some ridiculous yard footage per hen requirements. According to the town codes you must have 1/8 of an acre per hen unused space. I have an average sized, slightly under quarter acre lot, so that means 1.5 hens for me once you deduct the house and so on. And the really ironic part? I live in a "country" town most notably known for it's farming community! We went thru the whole good fight to make the rules more reasonable, but the town council shot the proposal down 3 to 3.

Looks like a girl to me too. Also, even if it does start to develop spurs don't despair; I have a hen with spurs that are longer and sharper than my rooster's......

Quote:
Sounds like you need a new town council!

BTW ~
welcome-byc.gif

I think that the hackle feathers is what makes you worry that it's a roo. Base on that I see a rooster in the making as well.

Quote:
Hens also have a "place" for spurs, and at your chicken's age, they will all look the same. The pointy neck feathers are a good sign that it's Roo... pictures would be a help. you may have posted... I haven't finished reading the thread.

Quote:
God, I hope that's a typo.

LOL that's what happens when small children distract you while you're typing! (well that and the fact that I am the worst typer in the world.) You should have seen my post about ducks! Now that was embarassing!!!

Back
Top Bottom