Worst day in a long time

K&H Chicken Farm

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Redding CA
I was walking down the road yesterday. My van had run out of gas and I was walking to get some help (the one time I do not have my phone) When out of the corner of my eye I saw white and jumped sideways just as the mirror of a car hit my hip. I hit the ground hard and could not get up. I sat there for 20 min only about 50’ from my car before someone stopped to help. They helped me up and got my van some gas and I drove to the ER. I have a banged up knee, road rash that would make a young boy proud and a broken left wrist. I go tomorrow for the cast, right now its in one of those splints so it can swell. All in all I am OK, just really lucky.
Shelly

its good there was no serious damage. To bad there where no witnesses to see his licence plate. I woulda sued him for every penny. He did not even stiop huh? Thats just mean! I think this week is bad for everybody. I just cut all 4 of my fingers on my right hand and my palm on my left. All because of metal for the new shed

Last edited:
Shelly, So sorry for that crud of a day. So somebody hit you and kept driving? If so, may a heap of chicken poop fall from the heavens upon their unsuspecting head. I'm glad you are going to be okay and that someone nice did come along and help.
JJ

Edited to put letters back that AOL took away as it does everytime it wants to do an update.

Last edited:
No the driver never stoped, but then again nether did the cop who passed me.....by the time the folks who did stop help me I had given up and hoped that my family would come looking for me later that night when I did not come home.
Shelly

*OMG!!! How bad is the wrist?? And My DH thinks he oughta ride a bicycle to work 1O miles. . . . . :\\
smack.gif

Oh my goodness! What a mean person. And to think that even a policeman didn't stop. What is the world coming to? I wish that you hadn't gotten hurt at all, but at least you didn't get hurt really bad. I hope that you feel better soon!
hugs.gif

Oh Shelly!! You poor thing....im so verry sorry. Some people just .... well.. .this is a family site.
rant.gif

Im glad someone FINALLY stopped. And, you know what, IF it were me...I would call the police station, just to rant about the officer NOT stopping!! JEESH!!
I know something that will make ya feel a little better..I hope. Your eggs are in the mail!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom