Would a fox take more than one at a time?

Electric fencing or electric poultry netting is not really a feasible option, we have 5 acres that there could free range on, so it would be too cost prohibitive. The run is pretty secure, the fence is almost 6 feet tall and buried a little into the ground to stop anything from digging underneath as well and we always close them in at night.

Hopefully, we can build the flock back up as we have 2 other hens sitting on some eggs that should be hatching any day soon. Silver lining, although I will miss our mean little Mille Fleur rooster!!
Not putting an electric fence around your flock will only result in many more deaths

Vetericyn plus is a miracle spray for chickens with injuries. I had a chicken that a fox sliced open and with that spray she healed fast. I have never had anything work so well in all my years.

Quick update, the rooster is doing great. Looks to be healing very well, back to his usual mean spirited self!

We also had one egg hatch yesterday, so now have a little chick running around. There are 2 broody hens taking care of it, but they also have about 10 other eggs they have been sitting on for a couple weeks or so, meaning we could get more chicks in the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom