Would a rooster remember a certain person who was aggressive?

Yes he was harrassing the rooster. Roo just tried to get away and jumped at him.

That's really bad. I don't understand why people are saying its your responsibility to keep the roo away..... harassing someone else's animal is just not acceptable behaviour, or it would not be in my coop. The roo is 100% innocent, if it is aggressive to him, it is his fault.
No. He walked away from the man. (that means submission or afraid)?
Sounds like he was afraid. Obviously I don't know your personal situation here, but if it was me he would be banned from by coop.... unless he agrees not to do this. I honestly thought you were talking a about a child at first!
People or just the certain person?
Probably just that man.
Was he harassing the roo with a stick?

He was doing the alarm bok-bok noise that roosters do, I just said just leave him be he's just warning the others there is a stranger. Roo didn't do anything but alarm and walk away, the man gave chase and cornered roo yelling at him to be quiet and threw a plastic bottle at him. no where for roo to go so had to jump at him to try to get away. Then the man finally listened to me and went out of the coop.
Sorry just read this. My goodness , HE is the 'aggressive roo' around here! Poor silkie boy.

Probably just that man.

I know you're not directing this comment at me but since you mentioned a stick in your comment, and I mentioned a stick in my post about my rooster experience I feel I should clarify that I would never harass a rooster with a stick, and in my situation which I described, I was holding a stick between my child and an a rooster who was very aggressive towards her, to prevent him from attacking her. In this case, even though I did nothing other than assert dominance over my flock, he attacked me, and continued to attack me from behind any time I was in his presence for 2 weeks until we killed him. I was patient with him but he was just a bad rooster.

That's really bad. I don't understand why people are saying its your responsibility to keep the roo away..... harassing someone else's animal is just not acceptable behaviour, or it would not be in my coop. The roo is 100% innocent, if it is aggressive to him, it is his fault.

Sounds like he was afraid. Obviously I don't know your personal situation here, but if it was me he would be banned from by coop.... unless he agrees not to do this. I honestly thought you were talking a about a child at first!

Probably just that man.
No stick, he had a plastic bottle he was drinking.

I know you're not directing this comment at me but since you mentioned a stick in your comment, and I mentioned a stick in my post about my rooster experience I feel I should clarify that I would never harass a rooster with a stick, and in my situation which I described, I was holding a stick between my child and an a rooster who was very aggressive towards her, to prevent him from attacking her. In this case, even though I did nothing other than assert dominance over my flock, he attacked me, and continued to attack me from behind any time I was in his presence for 2 weeks until we killed him. I was patient with him but he was just a bad rooster.

Nono I did not mean you. I just got confused. I am sure you would never harass a roo with a stick.

Back
Top Bottom