Would anyone like to take a Buff Brahma guess?

FarmerDawson

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 30, 2013
Hi there! I have 3 Buff Brahmas that came from TSC. They are about 4 weeks old. Would anyone like to take a guess on sex?
Also, I am not sure if they were labeled Buff Brahma bantam or Buff Brahma. (there is a difference, right?)
I did not purchase them. A friend did, then she gave them to me about a week later (she had to purchase a minimum and just wanted 3).
The following photos are of the same chicken (the larger of the 3).
I know it's still early in the game for sexing but even if I can learn what kind of Buff Brahma it is, that would be great!
Thanks so much in advance!!
big_smile.png

See my girl peeking up over the chicken? She's jealous! lol

Thank you :) I appreciate that! It's very sweet and doesn't run when I try to pick it up. I'm still keeping them inside for now and often I go into the kitchen to find this one running loose lol. I just grab the feed bag and she comes right over!

They are getting to be a handful inside but I do enjoy hearing their chirping noises and watching them chase each other around when I feed them a treat. They are all starting to get out and that sure does make one heck of a mess! We are starting on our coop this weekend. I hope it goes together quickly
tongue.png

I also have 2 other Brahmas, 2 Partridge Plymouth rocks, 1 Dixie Rainbow, 3 Red Sex Links, a mystery chicken (he was in the box from TSC and we didn't pick it out and wasn't charged for it), a Cornish Rock and 2 asst Bantams. Sadly after researching the Cornish Rock, I see he/she won't be around too long. Plus I think it's a Roo and we aren't allowed to keep Roos where I live
sad.png
That is why I am trying to sex them as early as possible. The mystery chicken I will post later to see if anyone wants to guess what he/she is. I think it's a she, and she is a really pretty chicken. She barely has any baby fluff left and her feathers are almost like a strawberry blonde color lol.

Thanks again for your help! These are my first chickens ever and I am trying to learn as much as possible!

~Melissa

Sounds like you have quite the flock there! If you have some chicken wire around, you can put that over the brooder to try keep them in! Mine were jumping out at 2 weeks old I think!

I'm also on my first flock and there is a lot to learn but I love it! theyre such delightful creatures! And I can't wait til they give me eggs!

My light sussex is probably my nicest chicken too! She's such a cuddler! Not sure if theyre actually similar to Brahma's but they look similar minus the feathered feet! :p

Back
Top Bottom