WOULD CHICKENS LIKE WATER TO PLAY IN?

irf1983

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Brooksville, FL
Just curious. It's so hot here in Florida, and as they have to be in their run most of the day, I wondered if a little bath would keep them cool and occupied. or is it a disaster waiting to happen. Thanks!

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
I have a couple of jelly roll sheet pans out in the yard I fill with clean cold water when it's hot out. They love to walk through it and cool their feet. They also drink it, so I have to rinse it out daily.

I also have filled several 2-liter bottles with water and have some to cycle out. I have a shady spot they love, and I lay a few of the bottles in there for them as a cool off lounge.

Zuesdude

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
OH
You can give them a dirt bath, fine an area that you can dig up dirt in a shaded area and watch the fun. I fine that given them things to do is kinda fun.

chicknmania

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Ours love to wade and scratch in puddles. Or, when I have the hose running, they'll follow me and beg til I lay it on the ground and let the water run. Tnen they love to drink, peck, and wade in, the running water. Not full force running, just a medium trickle. You could try that. They also like being misted with the hose on hot days.

Top Bottom