Would drake be more likely to be rehomed if he came with ducklings?

Thank you, but yeah I’ve already posted there a couple of times, I think I may just not be able to rehome them. Just had the thought the other day that offering free ducklings to go with them might be more likely to get them to a good home🤷‍♀️, but it doesn’t look like it would. Guess they’re still stuck with me lol, I’m honestly more attached to them now than when I first started trying to rehome them so that’s ok though.
What's the main reason for wanting to rehome? Is there more than one drake?

I have 2 drakes a Muscovy and a Runner neither fight with each other and the girls adore them.
I am an advocate for drakes. They deserve a good loving home too.

What's the main reason for wanting to rehome? Is there more than one drake?

I have 2 drakes a Muscovy and a Runner neither fight with each other and the girls adore them.
I am an advocate for drakes. They deserve a good loving home too.
Yeah right now I have a rouen and a rouen mix drake and three Muscovy drakes. They all get along pretty well except two of the Muscovy will bully the other 3 drakes so I have to keep them in a different area of the coop.

@5ducks DId you find a new home for your drake? I am in St Augsutine and have an all drake flock. I could take yours at a pinch. [If you haven't found anywhere else, I can squeeze him in with mine]
I haven’t found a home for him yet, it would be great if you could take him. However he is a bit of a bully to most of the other drakes and usually bites people too. The past 2-3 weeks though he hasn’t been biting us like he used to(but I can’t be sure if he will start doing it again or not.) If you think he could fit in well with your flock that would be awesome, but if not that’s ok too:) I know most people wouldn’t want a bully drake like that and completely understand if you can’t take him and he will still have a home with us. 😊 (also not trying to talk you out of it even though it sounds like it lol, just letting you know about his issues)

I haven’t found a home for him yet, it would be great if you could take him. However he is a bit of a bully to most of the other drakes and usually bites people too. The past 2-3 weeks though he hasn’t been biting us like he used to(but I can’t be sure if he will start doing it again or not.) If you think he could fit in well with your flock that would be awesome, but if not that’s ok too:) I know most people wouldn’t want a bully drake like that and completely understand if you can’t take him and he will still have a home with us. 😊 (also not trying to talk you out of it even though it sounds like it lol, just letting you know about his issues)
@5ducks If you need to bring one of your drakes to me, I will give him a home with mine. It would be interesting to see how he gets on with mine:
I have an alpha male muscovy drake who trucks no nonsense from anyone and frequently bites my feet and ankles [he gets time out in a dog crate when he is aggressive with me. He is currently sleeping in a dog crate in the coop but I am thinking of letting him out again and letting him roost off the floor of the coop.] I have another larger muscovy who is his antithesis. He's a big lump of gentle muscovy who is currently being bullied by my three pekins. he is twice as big as the pekins and could easily stand on them and ascert domination, but he doesn;t: he runs away. He currently sleeps on top of the dogcrate but he needslifting up and down [!!!!] so I am thinking that from tomorrow he will sleep in the doc crate as the Alpha male is perfectly capable of jumping up there on his own. Actually, many moons ago, he invented the bunk configuration by jumping up on to of the dogcrate when it housed a pekin. So I gave him the tray from the dogcrate so that he didn't poop on the occupant of the dog crate.

I think the pekins can look after themselves and that my alpha male will deal with any incomer. But I won't tolerate bullying Daffy, my great soft lump of a muscovy. If yours tried bullying Daffy, he would find himself in drake jail very quickly.

Private message me, if you want to bring your drake to St Augustine.

Back
Top Bottom