Would eggs being a few days apart be ok?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Dec 26, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Like i said earlier my eggs are due on differnt dates but i found out that they are only 4 days apart. Would it be ok if they all stayed in that incubator and the humidity up and the egg turner out early for the "new" eggs? And when chicks hatch from the first eggs can i take them out on day 18/19 for the "new" eggs and then bump up the humidity again for the new eggs?
    And advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

first of all, i'm not expert, just sharing.

i think that will affect the other egg in bad effect. it will be safe if the *new* egg are not due too far date from the old one, i mean they only have 2-3 days different. but if more than 3 days then it won't be safe since the *new* egg are getting too much humidity.

i suggest you to move the old eggs to hatcher, it's easier to handle now since they've grow perfectly and only wait 3-4 days to hatch.

good luck [​IMG]

3. JCoogle

JCoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

I am still experimenting but I have a homemade incubator and once the eggs hit 18 days I have a homemade hatcher on top. It seems easier to hold the humidity that way. The true test is coming up in the next few days when they start hitting day 21.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by