1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would everyone please......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DuckLady, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    .....remember that a great number of our members are minors. Please remember that certain subjects are inappropriate.
    Some parents out there appreciate the fact that BYC is family friendly and they shouldn't have to worry that their children are getting an adult education on a chicken board before they are ready to talk to their kids. Whether "kids these days are educated beyond belief" or not is not the point. It is not for anyone on this board to educate them...deliberately or not.

Adult topics and jokes
    HUMAN Sexual based topics
    HUMAN Reproduction and related topics.
    Ethnic and racial slurs and jokes.

All this is inappropriate for BYC. There are many other message boards more suitable for such topics.

Thank you.

**edited for further clarity**

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Agreed!

We encourage open and friendly discussion on a great variety of topics. We even support non-chicken related topics in the appropriate sections. With that said, we are committed to keeping BYC family friendly and as accessible to as many people, of all ages, as possible.

3. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    [​IMG]

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]

I have to agree with Terrie. This is a chicken board, and we're all here to talk about chickens, after all.

1 person likes this.
  5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    awe.. I hope this isn't cause of me:( We were making jokes about breastfeeding and I guess things got a little wild. I'm sorry if I said anything over the top.

Im sure my friends and family could all agree it wouldn't be the first time. I'll try to keep it a bit more 4-h [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I was actually banned from a chicken forum for being under 16 (partly my fault for not reading the rules but I mean why would they put an age restriction on a chicken forum). I was so surprised that on a chicken forum they talk about more than just chickens :eek:. So thank you terrielacy and all mods (and Nifty) for keeping this forum familly friendly [​IMG].

2 people like this.
  7. Nifty-Chicken

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    We don't want to discourage anybody from enjoying themselves on the forum. The social aspect of BYC is what makes it so great! Everything from the BYC Mascots to "faces with a name".

We all just need to keep working together to keep this place fun while maintaining family friendliness.

8. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I like to think that in supporting BYC I'm helping to encourage the very young into a bit of the farm life, even if they live in the city. Chickens can do that, and to make that work for us we need to be open minded to every type of chicken keeping, and to be very family friendly. Of course the chicken information can be used by anyone of any age, but it makes me personally smile the most when a child finds us here and gets the information they need to get a chicken hobby going in the family, or to join 4H or just have a neat pet. I hope everyone understands that it's not that those topics are totally taboo in my mind, just that in the rules we agreed that they are not to be here.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    April, VERY well said!!!

10. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    [​IMG]