Would everyone please......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize a lot of youngsters would be on here. It's a fun place to be. I didn't think the particular thread would've been of interest to anyone but fellow mommas so I didn't consider the appropriateness of all ages. I honestly don't think we were being unappropriate -just real. I'm sorry if anyone was offended and I will definitely keep that in mind the next time a topic comes up that's more than just chicken talk.

Thanks ladies for lookin out.

Well put everyone.

And not trying to be controversial, but I don't see how the general topic of breast-feeding can be inappropriate. It's natural, clean...and heck, most youngsters on here probably were breast-fed. And yes, there are parenting boards to go to, but I think as long as things stay clean, and everyone is willing to be mature about it, such topics (parenting, and parenting related things, such as breast-feeding, so on and so forth) shouldn't be completely BANNED from BYC. Just monitered.

If more parenting threads come up, y'all should add a "just for moms" board. Maybe like an off-to-the-side version of MMCMF.

smile.png

Again, well put everyone. Thanks Nifty & all the wonderful mods for keeping BYC family friendly.
hugs.gif

directed @ the youth:
as a family board it does get to feel like we are "family" ... particularly when so many of the younger members visit chat. But there are certain boundaries that should not be crossed and although we do care please remember that you put the adults in a very uncomfortable (and somewhat impossible) position when you bring up these subjects and ask our advice or even want to discuss these topics with other youth on this board in open chat or on the main board. Please dont... go to your family or privately to your friends . (((hugs)))

Last edited:
And not trying to be controversial, but I don't see how the general topic of breast-feeding can be inappropriate. It's natural, clean...and heck, most youngsters on here probably were breast-fed. And yes, there are parenting boards to go to, but I think as long as things stay clean, and everyone is willing to be mature about it, such topics (parenting, and parenting related things, such as breast-feeding, so on and so forth) shouldn't be completely BANNED from BYC. Just monitered.

I, too, am not trying to be controversial, BUT the subject of breast-feeding IS inappropriate on this board because this is a CHICKEN board that's trying to be KID FRIENDLY. Yes, it's natural, clean, and most kids were probably breast-fed but, heck, so is SEX (and, yes, kids were created from sex) and it's not appropriate for a kid friendly chicken board EITHER! All such subjects SHOULD be banned from BYC because it is a, must I say it again?, KID FRIENDLY CHICKEN BOARD! Sheesh! What do you think PM's are for??? Emails? Other non-kid boards? Please people, I know it's being a very long hot summer, but really. I couldn't believe it when I was reading the board yesterday and realized folks on this kid-friendly chicken board where tearing someone up just because they claimed to have hatch a double-yolker! Why? What for? We used to be such a friendly family group......lets try to get back there.....please?

And remember, there is a report button for us to use to report to mods what is inappropriate. Can we use it? Please?

he.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom