Would I be posing a threat to Daisy?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Scovy Momma

Scovy Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Sacramento CA
    I would like to have a serama pullet in the house. Partly because I miss having little chickens but mainly because they are so darn cute! I'd have some chickens out back but with the neighbor's dogs always breaking through the fence or getting in the yard,I would rather wait until I move within a year to get yard chickens.

I found someone who breeds them but she said she had some that were very sick & dying. She assured me she had seperated them & had made sure that if I get one from her it shouldn't be sick. She then hatched a batch of eggs that she said were safe. I thank her for the honesty,but I am still concerned if I should get one at all.

Anyway,I have my Daisy duck & she's about 6 months old. Some of you know I'm gaga over her so much so that my questions would be:
    I've not gotten vaccinations for her,should I,are there even any & what are they?
    Is it just safer to not introduce her to another bird for fear of her getting sick?
    and finally,
    Would a serama just be too loud & pale in comparison to my girl? [​IMG]

I love Daisy dearly & could not deal with it if she got sick or worse & it was because I brought another bird into the house. We are great now & I would be fine if I kept it like this if it means I get to keep my girl safe.

Thanks! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I might wait for an opportunity that does not seem risky like this, perhaps from the same seller, but after you both feel the crisis is past.

3. Scovy Momma

Scovy Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you,I guess I was just looking for another opinion on it. I wasn't sure if I was being paranoid or not. [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Not being paranoid being safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by