would it be ok if i put my 2 ducks in with my 2 chickens ?

Daniel_2kaii9

Songster
10 Years
Jun 16, 2009
South Wales
Hey, i got 2 ducks and 2 chickens and i got wire in the middle of the pen so thay can see each other but cant get 2 each other when i bought the ducks from my dads friend he had chickens with the ducks so thay should be ok with chickens would it be okay if i took the wire away and leave the ducks and chickens be together in the same pen ?

there will be 2 coops so the ducks can go in 1 and chickens in the other

and i might be getting some more chicken hens so there will be a few chickens and 2 ducks would it be ok ?

and the pen is 9ft long by 3ft wide

Thanks

~Daniel

They should be fine together but keep in mind that ducks are pretty messy. Their water will always be muddy for the chickens. Here was my scenerio when I kept mine together. The water was always mud which the chickens didn't like and the chickens would beat up my girl ducks when they would sit on their nest to lay. I ultimately seperated the ducks from the chickens.

i have 2 ducks and 2 chickens together in a 13 foot wide by 8 foot long pen and they love each other
smile.png
lol i have "small" chicken houses that are up higher with a plank thing that the chickens can only go up.. ive caught the ducks on the ramp once but dont do anything lol. i can post a picture if you'd like of my enclosure
smile.png

my enclosure!!!!

i have 3 houses in the enclosure. there is chicken wire that goes all the way around like 6 inches.
qo9fnc.jpg

the red/orangey tub is the "big waterer" for the ducks! i had a kiddie pool in there... but one of chickens had drown in it and i will not let that happen again. this one is much safer
smile.png
the ducks still jump into it!
2u5q7uo.jpg

my insulated house with a sliding plexi-glass door... my japanese bantam rules this house lol. she gets locked in at night.
2ccw9rc.jpg

the coop off the ground is currently occupied by my broody silkie hen! lol and the dog house i made is for the ducks. they dont ever really sleep in it... rain or shine there laying around the area. i know they use it during the day because they lay the eggs in there! haha.
o882ah.jpg

if you have any questions let me know
smile.png

wow nice enclosure!!!
smile.png
do your chickens like 2 roost ?

when i had my silkies in a coal shed thay roosted all day now i got them in a run outside thay never roost lol

~Daniel

Back
Top Bottom