1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Would it be rude to...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by happyhens, Apr 2, 2008.

1. happyhens

happyhens Songster

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    change my order from Ideal? They are supposed to arrive in 15 days. I ordered 2 assorted silkies, and 4 assorted OEGB, along with several other chicks. The price per chick for those 2 are the same, but I have decided that I would rather go with 6 silkies and scratch the OEGB (not enough breeding pens, not enough time to build them!) Plus I am getting a little concerned that with only 2 silkies, I may not get a hen, which is what I really want so I can have a dependable broody hen. Would it be a big deal for me to change that to 6 assorted silkies, and 0 OEGB?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    It may push the shipment of your order to a later date, but then again it may not. Ya never know unless you ask! [​IMG]

3. happyhens

happyhens Songster

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    I emailed, and they are currently sold out on silkies. So I stuck with my original order, I really really hope that my 2 assorted silkies are a pair... or maybe I should just buy some more later when they become available [​IMG] Or I could buy silkie hatching eggs if I ever get a broody!
    I LOVE Ideal hatchery! And I can't wait to get my chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by