1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

would like deviled egg recepies that hide yellow yolk taste.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chickenmamalp, Jan 1, 2011.

1. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

yes i'm weird!
    Love the white ,like to dunk my toast in the yellow but can't eat the yolk.

Looking for receipe for deviled eggs??

2. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    LOTS of mayo. and LOTS of relish. just double your fav. resipie

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:LOL, I'm not sure I understand, and I'd read it 10 times!

If you dunk your toast in the yellow you ARE eating the yolk. I cannot eat an egg except scrambled or hard boiled. No runny yolks for me. [​IMG]

But deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs, yolks removed and smashed with other ingredients and put back in the whites. Can't have deviled eggs without the yolks.

I love them and never make them the same way twice! A few essentials are pickle relish, onions in some form, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, horseradish, mustard, mayo, hot sauce - the possibilities are endless!

Have you looked in the BYC Recipes Index section and the now-online BYC cookbook? LOTS of great recipes there. I actually prefer the yolk on a deviled egg, so I don't just fill the cup, I cover the whole top with the filling.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    are you talking about cut in half deviled eggs or egg salad???

If deviled eggs try this use only half the yolks (give the rest back to the birds) mix with equal parts mayo/sour cream/ cream cheese & then use curry powder for the seasoning instead of S & P

Or if you want to not use the yolks at all, fill the whites with tuna salad, or chopped caprese, or goat cheese and tapanade, or hummus or babaganush [​IMG])))))

5. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

I can dunk in the runny yolk but when it's all dry I can't eat what's left

deviled egg receipes is what i'm looking for not egg salad

Thanks for the suggestions so far:)

6. 4nematode

4nematode Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2010
    MD Eastern Shore
    If you like a little tang, try making horseradish deviled eggs. Add a tsp. with your mayo and see how it is...adjust if you need to. If you search for horseradish deviled eggs, you'll find lots of options! Also, making the filling creamier with more mayo will help. I also like to add a little Greek Yogurt with the Mayo.

7. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Cumin nomnomnom.

8. Lyon3mchics

Lyon3mchics Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    My devil eggs:

scoop out the "yellow" yolk add, finely chopped onion, relish, smidge of pickle juice, mayo, mustard, salt 'n pepper. Put back into the egg garnish w/ paprika and finely sliced pickle chopped in quarters on top. Always a hit a home and work. If you like spicey foods instead of the pickle on top use a pickled pepper ring.

9. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x2

10. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    From 365 Ways to Cook Eggs, which I find indispensible these days...

Cajun deviled eggs: mayo, mustard, bell pepper, andouille sausage or keilbasa, lemon juice, cayenne, tabasco

Cajun deviled eggs with shrimp: above, add chopped shrimp

Curry deviled egggs: mayo, mustard, vinegar, curry powder

Eggs stuffed with:
    crab and artichoke
    liver pate
    wasabi and tuna
    smoked salmon and cream cheese
    shrimp and avocado

Hope these help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by