Would like to raise 3 different kinds of quality egg layers.

dustponds10

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Rigby, Id
Well I am looking to get a few different kinds of birds that lay really well, I am trying to find some that arent seen every day so that I can have a one of a kind chicken coop. I will be keeping them seperate during the breeding season and Roosters will remain in the pens when not breeding. Here are two of my thoughts and I am not sure on teh other one. If you could please recommend what you have that is uncommon but lays regularly it would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Lavendure Orpingtons
Leg hor's (not the regulars I saw a person on here with some really uncommon leghorns that were black and white I would like those)
3 I am unsure of and need some suggestions. Thanks

I think the leghorns you are talking about are exchequer leghorns. They are very pretty. Since they lay white eggs, and orps lay brown, maybe you should get americaunas or EE's so you can have green or blue eggs and a pretty egg basket along with a pretty flock.

Yup, I'd say go with the Easter Eggers or Ameraucanas. Or you could do Marans, they come in some pretty colors and lay the very dark brown eggs, sometimes they're called chocolate eggers. And if you cross your marans and your EEs/Ameraucanas I believe you get Oliver Eggers!

Well, that woudl be pretty easy I would only have to get the leghorns and the the Lavendures. I already have some Americanas. Where would I find the Leghorns? I searched on here adn didnt see them but I dont know if I looked hard enough.

I belive they have some "silver leghorns" on murray mcmurray hatchery... they are black and white and VERY pretty!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom