would like to see pics of ur guys brooder setup

In my case, it depends largely on how many birds and not so much on ambient temps.
I provide a hover with heat lamps and lots of cool space. If just a couple birds I may do a large container with just a 75 watt drop light for the first week and then out into the shed with a heat lamp.

This is for 20 to 100 or more chicks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4802250/album/6135523

For just a few after the first week,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4802283/album/6135523

Here is my set up i have 4 pens i can divide them in for differant temp needs, this in in my brooder room we built in garage, then we have same set up in our shed to transition them to outside grow out pens

we just finished it! the doors swing up and have 1/4 x 1/4 hardware cloth with trays that slide out for cleaning

here's mine nothing fancy there's a brooder box for eating and drinking and the other is for every thing else that white thing is a short wide PVC pipe for the chicks to go throw

i love this set up!!! i may have to see what i can do like this if i keep getting chicks in the future....

Hey Aurora Springs < I got lucky my brooder started out as Old used double stack baby cribs. the front doors roll up on a track. so we adapted them put solid floors in for plastic trays to sit on and built and painted a wire floor to go over the trays. I only have to lift door about 2 inches to slide trays out. We put in galvinized metal rabbit feeders. I found that the lids for those plastic boxes kittly litter comes in make perfect trays under the lip of the feederd that way food they do scratch out the peck and eat instead of it falling under wire. right now we still have the reg waterers, but are replacing those with nipple waters. I usually use the top brooders with 250 watt lights since heat rises, and the bottoms to transition to either no light or a 60 watt bulb. We built a room in our garage for these to contro;l temp, and so we have a place for incubators too. I have another set of brooders like this in our Pump house/shed. for getting them ready for outside coop, also sometimes use as a broody house out there , or sick pen. then We have 2 grow up pens.

This is my first hatch also! They are due anytime now. :) My husband and I built this brooder together. It is 4x4 with a removable divider. We wanted to make sure it could hold as little or as much little chicks as we may want now or in the future. Both sides of the roof open.

Back
Top Bottom