Would Like Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Choctaw Valley Farm, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I was told on another Forum that ALL Forums slow down this time of year.

This is what was said.

All the forums slow down at this time of year - holidays, no breeding issues, no chicks. There's not much happening with the birds right now, so we all just get to take a breath and plan for spring!

So if ALL Forums slow down I was just wondering why this Forum don't slow down??? Seems like there are a lot of folks on here always needing help or needing know something fast or just want to chat and someone on here is always willing to HELP, I mean I have chicks almost year round may not be peachicks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Cause we love our Peas and there just are not many forums to share them with like the chickens and other fowl forums out there.
    You need to get some peas [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BYC is the best website for all your fowl needs [​IMG]

3. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Actually, I have seen some forums pick up this time of year. Because folks aren't outside tending critters, gardening, whatever and have more time (and inclination) to stay inside.

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    They really are pretty!

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

because there are 50K members on BYC and most other yahoo forums have a few hundred at best. More peeps more chatter
    Steve

6. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Well, I do have Peafowl and at one time had well over 400 we have cut back some but we still have around 60 peas.......

7. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    BYC Has the largest population of people. There are alot of friends on this site and social games. Also health problems in chickens can happen at any time of year. Not to mention our photo contests and we have learning areas for certain breeds. These sections of the site are active year round

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Well, I do have Peafowl and at one time had well over 400 we have cut back some but we still have around 60 peas.......

Sorry but when i read this " I mean I have chicks almost year round may not be peachicks" in your post i didn't think ya had any, but had i read the bottom of your post i would have , having a blond moment here, sorry [​IMG]

What kind do you have? any photos to share with this newbe? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I like to watch and talk about my peafowl year round. Even when it is not breeding season people can talk about their young peacock growing his first train and show pictures, ask about if there birds will be alright in the cold, ask questions of how to prepair for the upcomming breeding season, ect.

I hope the forum picks up!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  10. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    This is one of the more active forums I am a member of -- I think it is because there are so many members-- definitely more peacock people here. I check in on the UPA forum but do not see much activity there.

The other forums I belong to, some are more active than others, the "plant" (epiphyllum) forum is slow because for most of us, our plants are in hibernation for the winter, the "live animal" forums (cocker spaniels) are at the same level of activity as always throughout the year -- we always have shows, rescue, family stories, etc to share. A lot of us on the Cocker Spaniel forums know each other personally so we tend to stay in touch more often than other groups, I think.

I'm glad this is an active forum & try to give some input every day & keep it that way!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by