Would love some input on sex and breed!

To young for me to even hazard a guess at gender.

Cute little bird either way.

It's toes look pretty well healed....I think.

Might want to keep a watch on that toe on the left foot. That dark spot on the tip....just so it never gets infected.
agree with others, that its a cockerel..

what happened to two of its toes?
He/she was rescued from a guy who was using it in a falcon trap :( so who knows what happened to its little toes. Or how long it was in a trap by itself.

I'm not really sure of the breed yet, but I do think you should keep an eye on its comb and wattle growth. It seems a bit big....
Of course that doesn't mean it's definitely a cockerel. Can you post more pictures in a few weeks? It's sure a cutie :)
I will for sure!! I'm really hoping that she is a fast developing pullet lol fingers crossed!

I will for sure!! I'm really hoping that she is a fast developing pullet lol fingers crossed!
Yep, think positively! I and all of the backyard chicken responders had my silkie batch totally wrong. We thought it was 6 cockerels and 2 pullets. I lost one to a predator before it finished out, but I ended up with 6 girls and 1 lovely huge rooster named Magnus. They were supposed to be bantams and they are standard sized. Most have incorrect comb type, some have feathered feet, some have big wattles and combs and some have little ones. I think that made them hard to sex. It is much easier when you have a bunch of birds of the same type. They even lay different sized brown eggs. Since you don't have anyone to compare to, maybe it is a pullet with lots of comb!

Back
Top Bottom