Would this be a Male?

Its a Jumbo Brown, will have its sex feathers around 2 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks depending on the strain.
Mine I can tell most starting just after they are 2 weeks old.

I have a few though that I should vent sex because last time the questionable ones all turned out to be males.
This time when I separated M/F I left them with the males.

Quote:
You can vent sex them by pressing lightly down just behind the vent (near the tail). A male will have a small bump just inside that will be visible, while a female will not. A male will also produce white foam if he is in breeding-mode.

know HOW to sex them ...just hadn't tried yet cuz i didn't know if they were old enough to tell ...

NO THEY ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO TELL IN MOST CASES.... THEY HAVE TO BE CLOSE TO MATURITY TO ACCURATELY VENT SEX.

Looks like I Do have 1 boy & three girls. Just like I was hoping.
yippiechickie.gif

They are now just over 3 weeks and the one who was "crowing" has a pink spotless chest, and all three of the others have super spots all over the front.

woot.gif

Congratulations on the 3F/1M ratio. Now we want to know how you accomplished this little miracle.
lol.png

Were certain rituals done. A dance, is there a bird dance that we need to learn?
celebrate.gif

This is a fantastic accomplishment that we seriously envy. Hopefully you went out and celebrated. I am serious.
clap.gif
It certainly sounds like an occasion to celebrate to me. Especially as you don't have an excuss to Beer sex them now.

Back
Top Bottom