Would this incubator work? What do you think?

I bought some when they were only 4.00 each and took them to school. I use them to hatch eggs that are already ready to hatch so the kids can see them, and I use them to keep baby birds warm when kids bring them to me.

There is not thermostat on them and temperature is regulated by the positioning of tinfoil inside the incubator. Once you get it set, you don't really want to be messing with it. I am also not sure of the thermostat that comes with it.

As I see it, this incubator might work over the entire 21 days if it were in a room where the temperature were stable 24/7 and the incubator were only providing that little bit extra to get it up to 99.5 at the center of the egg. As I said, I've had success with hatching eggs that were ready to hatch anyway, but I've never done the entire 21 days.

Over the 5 years on these boards, I have read of many people who bought that and were very sorry. My husband tried on years ago with duck eggs and lost them just before they hatched. I agree, for the same amount of money you can buy what you need to make your own styrofoam incubator.

Well I didn't think that it would work but I thought I would ask anyways! Thanks, I will probably just make one like Miss Prissy's. I will only do about 6 at a time, I can't expand too much my DH would freak out!

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom