would this work for "turning" my eggs?

afj6710

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
I have an LG still air and had a thought about turning the eggs. So that I avoid the temp fluctuations from removing the lid several times a day, could I just use the bottom of a cardboard egg carton to put the eggs in, then tilt the whole incubator in different directions a few times a day? would this give the eggs the movement they need? Is it ok to prop up an end of the incubator or is this going to affect the function of the unit?

Thanks for your responses!

A picture is worth a thousand words. It's a 3/4 pvc pipe hot glued to an paper egg carton between the rows of egg cups. You can make it as long or short as you need

Last edited:
removing the lid twice a day isn't going to hurt you. the hen gets off her eggs a couple times a day. its pretty much the same thing. just don't open it for more than an hour.

removing the lid twice a day isn't going to hurt you. the hen gets off her eggs a couple times a day. its pretty much the same thing. just don't open it for more than an hour.

I've just read that so many people had a difficult time regulating temp with this model of incubator, especially if they were opening it to turn eggs multiple times a day.
hu.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words. It's a 3/4 pvc pipe hot glued to an paper egg carton between the rows of egg cups. You can make it as long or short as you need

I must be slow, lol, but I'm confused as to how that is set up within the incubator. I'm guessing one end is sticking out a hole in the side of the incubator? Or do you just lift the lid long enough to turn the pvc pipe, thus limiting time that the lid is off?

I tryed to get a couple of other pics but it keeps posting the old one. Any way You could do it either way. The turner rocks the eggs back and forth all at once limiting the amount of time the bator is open. I make this two years ago and I still use it but I have changed the paper egg cartons to the plastic egg trays they use for egg washers. I just cut it down to size. hope this helps. If I can get the other pics to post I will.

You van use the egg egg carton method. 3-4 times a day, place something about 1.5 to 2 inches high under the edge of the bator and rotate it. I've read where several folks do this with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom