Would You Do It?

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
  1. If a hormone treatment could extend your life 6 months, would you take it, if summer were coming on and you envisioned long days of relaxing in the garden and eating watermelon, and, if, without it, you would probably die in 2 weeks? But no guarantees it would prolong your life that long? I think I would, if it were just a simple injection? Hmmm. How would Henny see it? If it were a long, cold, gray winter coming on, I'm not so sure I'd take the hormone treatment. The tho...ught of having 6 more months with my beautiful bird is so tempting, but, no guarantees... Will the summer heat kill her off, anyway? I want to get that mister system installed in my run. She's only 3. It's not like she's an old bird. Mohawka died far too young, and so did Merry Easter. I wonder, now, whether they both had Ascites, and the summer heat did them in, in combination with Ascites?

1. If a hormone treatment could extend your life 6 months, would you take it, if summer were coming on and you envisioned long days of relaxing in the garden and eating watermelon, and, if, without it, you would probably die in 2 weeks? But no guarantees it would prolong your life that long? I think I would, if it were just a simple injection? Hmmm. How would Henny see it? If it were a long, cold, gray winter coming on, I'm not so sure I'd take the hormone treatment. The tho...ught of having 6 more months with my beautiful bird is so tempting, but, no guarantees... Will the summer heat kill her off, anyway? I want to get that mister system installed in my run. She's only 3. It's not like she's an old bird. Mohawka died far too young, and so did Merry Easter. I wonder, now, whether they both had Ascites, and the summer heat did them in, in combination with Ascites?
Are you trying to stop her laying?

I just read the Op's other threads...looks like vet diagnosed said chicken with ascites and they are trying to decide if they should try to prolong her life or not.
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom