Would you eat a free goose-- already processed?

My family usually had roasted goose for Christmas. And carp, cooked in its own blood. Yummy!

But then...my father is from Eastern Europe, we were brought up eating all kinds of meats and organs. Yummy, yummy!

Would you eat a free goose-- already processed?

Does a cat have a climbing gear?

big_smile.png

Me and my boy would... the wife and the other wouldn't... I have had goose before and it tasted great, I'm sure if it is prepared properly then any meat would taste good...

My step-daughter gets discounted food because she's low income. We get her veggies, whole chicken, dried beans and fish because she won't prepare them. She refuses to cook anything with bones, veggies of any sort except frozen corn and I even told her how to fix dried beans but she will only eat canned.
The younger generation deserves to starve, if only from stupidity.
barnie.gif
he.gif

Quote:
I hate to agree with you.................But your right, I got so irritated at my DD for refusing to make herself something not out of the microwave, the other day I made her sit at the kitchen bar and watch me prepare a real meal from scratch, it took me an hour and she sat there like she was in jail the whole time.
rant.gif
hu.gif
:confused:

Kinda funny how picky people can be. I must be weird, I'll eat anything and everything. Gotta try it prepared a few different ways before I decide I don't care for a food.

You know what food program also failed? In the south they tried to market Coypu (Nutria/River Rats) as a good meat, even stocking it in grocery stores for a short time. The idea was that if enough people ate the meat, then it could curb the invasive problem and keep that meat from going to waste. Yep, people didn't like the idea of eating a water rat. Shame, if you ask me. And I believe Chicago or somewhere around there wanted to market Asian carp and also use it in food programs. It is actually a delicious fish, but most people think it is disgusting just because common carp taste horrible. In a blind taste test, most people can't tell asian carp from whitefish or cod. I know I'd buy it, I'd rather eat a tasty invasive than an overfished native fish.

Had a old man tell me one time how to cook a duck or goose & I have to agree with him, he said to get the oven to about 350 put the bird in a bakeing pan & put ceader chips all around the bird bake em for about 3-4 hours, take em out let em cool & through the bird to the dogs & eat the ceader chips, I guess he didnt care for goose eather.

Well if you are going to cook a goose, I suggest looking in your grandmother's cook book. Goose used to be more common before agriculture was industrialized. Different ethnic people have different methods of cooking geese. However, make sure you elevate the bird on a rack. Copious amounts of grease will rend off of it.

Don't throw that away. Use it for frying. It is a sort of smaltz that gives fried foods a great taste. Industrial agriculture and the AMA have given animal fats a bad rap.

As to the question of why no one wants geese, well cooking them would take a lot more effort that peeling the paper off of a candy bar.

My wife works part time at Wally World, and she says just about everyone is shopping with a food stamp card. She comes home mad because she sees people buying $200 worth of candy and no real food. What are they feeding their kids? Candy and soda pop.

And then they are mad because they can't buy cigarettes and liquor with their cards.

The day that the government cannot or will not fund those cards there will be a revolution and Wally World will either get burned down or go broke. Those people will not be denied.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom