Would you ID this white bantam pullet? Thanks!

normanack

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Michigan, USA

She's a bantam, smooth-feathered, white with soft grey spotting, and has feathered legs and feet. Also cheek puffs. She has stayed quite small -- smaller than my Silkies, about the size of the Golden Sebright cockerel I picked up at the same time. He was thinner and taller -- at least he held himself taller -- but not by much.

My guess when I bought her was Cochin, but I thought they were fluffier.

Many thanks!

Edited to add: she's a really proficient flier.

Last edited:
Thanks! She's from the feed store (which I believe orders from Townline Hatchery) from their bantam bin. It's certainly possible she's a cross of something, or possibly one of their breeding pools got muddled over time and no longer really fits one particular breed.

Thanks! She's from the feed store (which I believe orders from Townline Hatchery) from their bantam bin. It's certainly possible she's a cross of something, or possibly one of their breeding pools got muddled over time and no longer really fits one particular breed.
Look at pics of Porcelain d'Uccles. That's what she is. They are a great breed for pets. Very tame and cute.

Yup. Just got back from Feathersite. Gorgeous little birds!
I'm going to assume that as she's from hatchery stock, that she's nowhere near exhibition quality, but that's okay with me. She is a beautiful little bird. :)

Oh, for clarity here, I'm not planning on breeding her. I've got one exhibition breed already and that's more than enough -- big ol' Plymouth Barred Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom