Wouldn't you just know it?? (pics pg 2,3& new ones pg 5)

Hi! Buttons are so much fun to watch while they are hatching. They seen to come right out of the shells like little super-balls.
My incubators and hatchers are right next to my nightstand in the br and when Buttons were hatching, no one slept well. And the 'wheep...wheep...wheep' is endearing.
They lay lots of eggs for a short period (they are short-lived in general) and are just cute.
I've made lots of tiny boiled eggs, pickled eggs, and if you want a cute platter, deviled button eggs.

Mostly, I used the eggs to make more Button Quail.

smile.png

Lisa

Sorry! These pics are really bad!!

PICT0179.jpg

PICT0181.jpg

PICT0182.jpg

And this one is out already, but was just a zip when I took this about 10 minutes ago!
PICT0183.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I peep at mine (well not much anyway!). I don't usually hover either, I have just gotten too used to hatching chickens. It is pretty ho-hum. Especially since almost every chick I have hatched has been either blue, black or splash! Every once in a while I will get evidence of one of the other 'boys' jumping in, but they are mostly the same. At least they were. I lost my splash roo, and all my others are red pyles, with the exception of 3 I think! So I might get some different looking chicks if the girls ever start laying again!

ETA: But these are buttons!! how can I not hover!?!?!?
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom